Funny story....Tess came home with a sheet of paper from school that said "humpty Dumpty day" is coming up. Please make a humpty dumpty egg that can be droped and won't break. So, I can remember doing this in school (i thought)...we took a egg and for extra points we made a contraption that could be dropped off the top of the school roof...and hopefully the egg would be protected and not broken. I succeeded at this task in 6th grade and earned 100 extra bonus points. Yep yep.. :-) I can do this again I thought! ((((Ok peeps, this is what went through my head when i first read the note from Tess's teachers- why I just can't think inside the box and do what is exactly written I don't know...is it a curse or talent..Both at times. haha!))))) Ok, so I never asked any questions and proceeded the next week to "help" Tess :-) make her humpty dumpty egg..... We took a raw egg and put tons and tons of rubber bands around it. Next, we put it in a basket filled with cotton stuffing. Then, I (i mean) We, took bubble wrap and covered the entire basket with that and proceeded to finish it off with half a roll of duck tape. whew....done. What a magnificent contraction!! This is surely going to keep the egg secure!!! Ok, so took the egg with Tess to school and headed to work. ....................got off work and I have a message on my phone. Tess's teacher "uh, Ashley we are not sure what to do with Tess's egg...are we supposed to take all this duct tape off? I guess the egg is inside?...Give me a call when you can." Well, then and there I knew I had done something terribly wrong...interpreted wrong....you get the picture. Well, I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story. The last picture is a group pic of all the kids in her class each with their awesome "HUMPTY DUMPTY"....Tess is off to the side with her egg. :-) good memories and Tess never knew the difference. I on the other hand was a lil' embarrassed. btw, the egg actually bounced when dropped from the desk and did not break!!! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!





1 comment:
HAHAHAA! great story!!!
Post a Comment