






This year for Tess's mother's day out class we turned to Family Fun
Magazine for our treat idea. We made heart shaped crayons for all of Tess's friends. They turned out really cute and I think the kids loved them. Tess is a great helper and she loves doing crafts with me. Thanks Tess, I had fun making these with you. You would say "Mama, you the peeler and I'm the breaker!"(I did all the pealing of
crayons and Tess loved to break them into small pieces). You could make these in any shape for any occasion. Happy coloring !!!!
Directions for making: (from Family Fun Mag.). Heat the oven to 250°. 2. Fill each mold with crayon pieces and bake until the crayons melt, about 10 to 15 minutes. Tip: Place a sheet pan under the crayons to catch any drips. 3. Once they're cool, remove the hearts from the molds and smooth any rough edges by rubbing them on a piece of scrap paper. Suggested messages:
You color my world
Valentine, you make my heart melt
Have a happy Valentine's Day, for "crayon" out loud!
4 comments:
Those are the cutest stinkin' things I have seen in awhile. I may have to do those for St. Patricks day or Easter for Oliver and Mary Claire's class. How long did you cook them and at what temp?
Great Idea! We will try this!!!
hey! i havent commented in a while, but i HAD to comment here!!!
i need to know more about how you made these! they are too cute!!!!
what temp? how long? did you spray anything to keep them from sticking to the pan?
so fun. what a great idea!
Put the oven on 200 degrees and cook them for around 10 mintues (or until melted). Try not to slosh them around when you take them out of the oven. After they cool, they will pop right out of the pan...no cooking spray needed. Good luck! Glad yall liked them!!!
Post a Comment