10/28/07
Our Newest Addition!
We won a fish tonight!!! How about that...our first family pet. Our church had their annual Fall Fest party and we came home lucky handed. Jay said "what do we need to feed it?" I told him I think we need to go and buy some pet food for it....amateur pet owners. Tess has fallen literally in love with the fish. We let her hold it (in a zip-lock baggie) all the way home from the party. She hugged the bag so tight, so many times I thought we were going to have a flopping fish in our car! She said "hey fish, I love you!" I wish I would have taken pictures of her....she was even kissing the bag/the fish countless times. When she asked if we would turn the DVD player on she proceeded to place the fish (bag) in her lap and she said "fish lap, watch movie." It was hysterical!! Of course, she was traumatized when we got home and had to put the fish in a bowl (well, actually it is a flower vase) and she could no longer hug and hold the fish. Speaking of traumatized, apparently Jay and I were the only ones (out of hundreds of people) who got the memo that parents can dress up too!! We came dressed to the fest as a fork and spoon. The costumes were really cute when I bought them. After we pulled up to the party and saw that NO ONE else was dressed up besides us they became really embarrassing costumes. I mean I knew everyone wouldn't dress up but seriously, I saw no other parents in a costume!! Everyone was starring at us and smiling.....VERY embarrassing ....but character building for sure. Jay said, "well I guess everyone will know who we are now." I said "yeah, you know that couple that was dressed up like a fork and spoon!" I didn't take any pictures because I was way to embarrassed but I will post the link so you can get a visual of our costumes... http://www.buycostumes.com/Category/0/Product/31699/ProductDetail.aspx?REF=SCE-froogle I hope it gives you a good laugh! Have a great day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Those are cute costumes!!! Don't be embarrassed, it shows you are still a kid at heart which is a good thing. Your little girl is precious and you are such a talented painter. I found your blog through Keri's blog, and I will keep checking for updates. You look great also!!!
Sorry I forgot to put my name on the comment. JoAnne Wooldridge (Dreher)
Hey girl! I found your blog through Keri's. Your little girl is adorable. I also love all your paintings. I hope all is well with you and your family. We have a blog as well. www.blakelypope.com
Anita Pope (Waites)
Post a Comment