12/15/08

The Best Sugar Cookie

Tess's buddy Jacob helped us make sugar cookies this week. Tess is quite the baker....???who knows where in the world she gets that from...maybe Grand or Granny. :-)

Okay friends...the search is over. I tell you OVER. I have the best ever sugar cookie recipe and i am going to share the wealth with you. Make 'em..taste 'em...eat up up! If you don't agree...then share your recipe with me. I want what the bakeries around town have...and i think this is close to it. Thoughts???

Sugar Cookies

3/4 Cup butter (the real stuff)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 t. vanilla (or lemon if you prefer)
2 1/2 cup flour
1 t. baking powder
1 t. salt

Mix butter, sugar, eggs, and flavoring thoroughly. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together: add to mixture. Chill at least 1 hour ( I do longer). Roll dough on lightly floured board. Cut cookies with cutters and place on baking sheet. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. YUMMY!

Icing
1lb powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 t. vanilla
pinch of salt
milk (only add teaspoon at a time..careful)
food coloring.

No comments: