6/24/08
Surgery
Thanks everybody for the calls and emails. Most of all, we really appreciate all of the prayers! Tess went in for her surgery at around 11am on Monday. Dr. Bower said she wins the award this month for the largest tonsils. He said they were HUGE and that her adenoids were blocking 80-90% of her nasal airway. He said we should see a night and day difference in her. She is kinda pitiful at this point...lying around, not talking, crying at times. :-( Last night was a very ruff night in the hospital...between Tess vomiting and the kid next to us who screamed all night there was little sleep to be had (I should be getting used to that, right?). The staff at Arkansas Children's Hospital were top notch as always....really makes me proud to work there. We had wonderful nursing staff and the ENT residents were kind and informative. We got to go home today and now we just have to really encourage her to drink fluids- she had to drink 4.5 oz before they would let us leave the hospital. Jay and I took her to the fountain outside in a wagon and I bribed her with pennies to throw in the fountain for every sip she took of her drink; before I knew it she had drank it all. I have to admit, after working at ACH and dealing with difficult children....I am the queen of bribery. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Glad things went well. I have been praying for you guys and will continue~ We missed you at bible study :)
Im Glad that the surgery went well! Tell Tess i was praying for her.=)
So glad things went well. I pray she has a speedy recovery. Poor girl!!!
I'm so glad things went well. I pray that Tess has a fast recovery.
I'll pray for a speedy recovery. That must have been really hard...seeing your baby girl go through that!
So glad it all went well. That Tess is a trooper. We miss you guys!! My blog is not working yet but I promise I will get it going when we get in the new house. I want you to be proud of me for being a good blogger. :) Much love !!!
Jo Ann Greenfield
Post a Comment