9/17/08

Let's Go Krogering!!

Okay, I must confess...I was just as excited to visit the new Kroger store here in our little town as Tess was. Tonight as we drove by and saw all the lights on, Tess started to squeal!! She started saying "I'mmmmm soooo excited, let's go to the new Kroger Mama!" See, they have been building this new store for several months now and we drive by it everyday and talk about what we are going to buy at the new store. Tess will say "let's get eggs" and I say "check" and then I say "let's get milk" and Tess will say "check" and so on and so on. Well, tonight was the secret grand opening.... except, I did not think it was much of a secret when I saw all the cars in the parking lot, not to mention the huge lights they were blasting into the sky. Anywho, me and Tess packed up and headed to the new store. Let me tell you. it was a parrrtee!!! Kroger people everywhere at your beck and call. It is a pretty pimp store I must say. The cakes in the bakery are sooooo cute!!! They even have a dining area where you can sit and eat. I am sure we will be there lots on Sundays. Jay loves that kinda food-chk strips, mac n cheese, grn beans, etc. They even were giving free gift bags with all kinda cool stuff inside. Fun times. Well, my friend Jennifer recently wrote on her blog about buying Kroger Brand (which inspired me to blog about this) and what is good and what is not...pretty funny entry you should read it. click on this link... http://clayandj.blogspot.com/2008/09/off-brand-woes.html Well, I bought some cotton pads to use on my face. Here is a picture of them..... they are not even cut down the middle. I am spending the rest of the night pulling them apart. fun times..... So, Jen my vote is "no" on the off brand cotton pads- (maybe I just got a bad batch) :-) However, I buy lots of Kroger brand things and I still LOVE our new KROGER store!!!! Funny, what I get excited about these days....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that someone else is as excited about the new Kroger as I am. Toby and I will probably turn it into some kind of date night! Ha! Carrie B

Clay and J said...

You are raising that girl right! I only hope Gracie will be as excited about Kroger one day... :) I do kinda feel bad for talking about all of Kroger's not so good stuff on my post...there are so many good things! I love their produce and their cheese selection, cereal (currently eating "Active Lifestyle," Kroger's Special K knockoff), and so much more! What a wonderful place! You know, in college I would have never dreamed that I'd get so pumped about a grocery store...my how things have changed! :) I'm going to have to visit Maumelle's Kroger soon.